As Spiderman’s alter-ego Peter Parker taking photographs at President Obama’s inauguration, he spots two identical Obama’s. He then decided it time for Spiderman to spring into action, using basketball to find the real Obama.
That’s what happens in the comics by Marvel: The Amazing Spiderman, featuring President-elect Barack Obama, to be released on January 14th, 2009.
Actually in the real world, upon his inauguration President Obama will receive a new model of Vulcain Watch: the Anniversary Heart. After being sworn as the 44th President of USA on 20th January 2009, President Barack Obama will have his first ride in the stretch limo, ‘THE BEAST’ to parades along Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington.
THE BEAST – that’s what Secret Service Agents call the limo, is developed by General Motors in Detroit and based on a Cadillac chassis. It features bulletproof glass and armor-plating throughout as well as hermetically-sealed to withstand chemical weapons.
CADILLAC ONE – that’s the official name for this Presidential Car features hand-stitched leather for the interior and includes a 10-disc CD player with remote control. As with previous presidential limos, it is also equipped with high tech electronic communication system to allow President Obama stay connected to the world.
Some features revealed:
- 8 inches thick armor-plated doors, weighing the same as a cabin door on a Boeing 757 airliner.
- Driver’s window: tough enough to withstand armour-glencing bullet. The only window that opens – by just three inches – allows the driver to talk to the secret service agents running alongside.
- Driver’s Compartment includes standard steering wheel, but the dashboard is installed with a communication center and GPS tracking system.
- The boot contains an independent oxygen supply and advanced fire-fighting system.
- Defense systems include pump-action shotguns, night-vision cameras and tear-gas cannons. Supplies of the President’s blood will also be kept on board in case he needs emergency medical treatment.
- The petrol tank is amour-plated, while also being filled with specially designed foam to prevent it from exploding if the armor is penetrated.
- Tyres on the limousine are Kevlar-reinforced, puncture- and shred-resistant, with special steel rims that allow the car to continue driving even if the tyre is missing.
- The bodywork is made up of a combination of dual-hardness steel, aluminium, titanium and ceramic material to break up possible projectiles.
- Rear Seat: Obama’s seat has an executive packages featuring desktop, laptop computer with wi-fi, state of the art satellite phone and direct line to the vice president and Pentagon.
This OBAMOBILE is worth US $300,000 but it’s not available on the market. Cadillac spokesman David Caldwell said,
“What’s developed for this vehicle is unique and remains very private and secretive. Another nation could not call us and say, ‘let’s do that’.”
With THE BEAST on the road, the previous presidential limo: a modified Cadillac DTS – introduced at President George W. Bush’s second inauguration in 2005, is going to bring Vice President Joe Biden and traveling world leaders.
| Via |Be Social:
| Share | |